Chasing The Dream of Style Guide Driven Development in Drupal 8
Brian Perry (Brian Perry)
Style guide driven development and the intelligent re-use of design components can prevent quite a bit of heartache as the look and feel of your site evolves. Your style guide can protect you from unexpected regressions throughout your theme and let you break the cycle of wasting time and effort styling redundant variations of page templates and content.
This session will focus on the tools and methods available to create a living style guide for your Drupal site.
- How changes to the theme system in Drupal 8 lend themselves to style guide driven development.
- Approaches to creating a living style guide in Drupal 8.
- Using automation and visual regression testing techniques to let our living style guide alert us to unintentional regressions in our theme.
Learning Objectives & Outcomes:
- General style guide driven development concepts as they relate to Drupal 8.
- An overview of style guide generators with a deeper look at KSS.
- An overview of visual regression testing tools with a deeper look at PhantomCSS.
- A look ahead to the Component Based Rendering Initiative.