Easy Accessibility in Drupal 8: Practical, Compassionate, and Cost Effective
Catharine McNally (Catharine McNally)
Creating an accessible web experience improves SEO, usability, and increases the size of your market by opening it up to the vast number of humans in the United States who have restraints on their ability to interact with web content.
What if there were economical ways of creating an accessible site?
Spend an hour with us, and we will walk you through the benefits and challenges of accessibility. We’ll help you understand the latest best practices for planning, implementing, and reviewing your site for accessibility. Most of all, we’re going to provide you with a playbook full of guardrails to easily maximize the accessibility of your Drupal 8 site website.
We want to make accessibility easy because it is too important to ignore.
Learning Objectives & Outcomes:
1. Strategies for making the case to “go accessible.”
2. Experience websites through a screen-reader on a non-compliant, as well as a compliant website.
3. Learn a time and budget-saving method for creating closed captions in video content.
4. “Out of the Box” Accessibility features of Drupal 8.
5. Accessibility Playbook on how to ‘keep the guardrails up’ and continue to make your site’s theme accessible.