DrupalCon Amsterdam 2019:Taking Drupal Commerce to Market: 2019 Roadmap
Presenter: Ryan Szrama
Description: Drupal Commerce has been in active development since February 2010. We've seen tens of thousands of sites launch with it and process billions of dollars in transactions, including some of the world's most recognizable brands. However, even as the Drupal 8 branch picks up steam (8,000 sites and counting!), it still feels like the project's best days are ahead of it.
At DrupalCon Seattle, Commerce Guys went public with its new brand, Centarro, and a product / marketing roadmap that will lead the broader eCommerce market to give the project a fresh look. Experienced Drupal developers and agencies understand how to get the most out of Drupal Commerce, but because our marketing, products, and services supporting the platform often don't match the language the industry uses, we see room to grow.
This session will cover our efforts to change this, to help teams succeed with Drupal Commerce more broadly by helping them make the case to their clients and / or internal stakeholders that the platform should be considered in even the most demanding environments. Expect to receive a lot of information in a short period of time covering:
* Core framework roadmap through the end of 2019
* Contributed module initiatives (including who's sponsoring them)
* Distribution strategy for Drupal 8 and beyond (e.g. where's Commerce Kickstart?)
* Resetting our posture toward the project as open source software vendors
* Hosting, support, and bundled services strategy comparable to competing platforms
* Observations from third party market analysts we engaged to set our 2019 strategy
* Where and how you should be winning deals with Drupal Commerce now