DrupalCon Amsterdam 2019: Building Your Legos: A Practitioner’s Guide to Reusable Components
Bounteous, Chicago, United States
If you have built several Drupal websites, you have undoubtedly noticed that all websites share some common components. Most sites have hero banners, quotes, 2-ups, 3-ups, among other repeatable patterns. Building these components over and over again loses its luster and, more importantly, distracts you from building the really unique and interesting components of the site. Instead of reinventing the wheel with every Drupal site you build, wouldn’t it be great if you could build these components once and leverage them across multiple sites?
At Bounteous, we have built a library of reusable components to build Drupal sites. The components are versatile, flexible, and easy to update. Come to this session to learn how we built the reusable components and how we use them to efficiently build Drupal sites.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES & OUTCOMES
* Attendees will learn how to:
* Build components that can be used across Drupal sites
* Configure the components to be installed and updated using Composer
* Structure components to be usable as Blocks or Paragraphs
* Add visual flexibility to the components to fit any site design