Bye Bye CSS, Hello Utility Classes by John Hume – Drupal Scotland Talks
Many developers will be familiar with frontend frameworks, such as Bootstrap or Foundation and how they can be a blessing for speeding up development but also a curse due to their bloated and opinionated nature. Tailwind CSS is a highly customizable, low-level CSS framework that gives you all of the building blocks you need to build bespoke designs without any annoying opinionated styles you have to fight to override.
In this talk, we will cover:
- The concept of Utility Classes and how Tailwind CSS (virtually) eliminates the need for writing CSS.
- Installing Tailwind CSS
- The Utility First workflow and an introduction to Tailwind’s classes.
- Responsive coding with Tailwind
- Components - how to extract common patterns for re-usability
- Drupal - how to get up and running with Tailwind CSS in Drupal
- A sneak preview of the Tailwind Class Injector module