How to manage remote teams : Tips for high functioning remote teams - Part 3 -Tag1 TeamTalk #025
Don’t forget to hit the “Like” button and be sure to subscribe for more videos
Find us online at https://www.tag1consulting.com
Part 3 :
As the coronavirus pandemic continues to render most workforces remote for the foreseeable future, crafting inclusive, high-functioning distributed teams isn't an easy matter. At Tag1, we've worked as a remote-first team since the beginning, thanks to deft project management like Janie's. These days more than ever, it's essential to have an experienced project manager on challenging projects, to manage remote teams with deep care, and to leverage best-of-class tools and best practices to shepherd the work of an agile development team.
In a special miniseries in four parts, Michael Meyers (Managing Director, Tag1 Consulting) and your host Preston So (Editor in Chief, Tag1 Consulting) had an opportunity to join Janie for an exciting four episodes about the human side of managing projects in agile software. We'll dive into the most important considerations when resourcing and conducting discovery for a new build, Janie's CARE philosophy for high-functioning remote teams, and best practices, convenient tools, and lessons learned over many years when it comes to elite software projects.
- A practical Guide to Distributed Scrum by Elizabeth Woodward, Steffan Surdek, and Matthew Ganis https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/8563338-a-practical-guide-to-distri…
- The Art of Agile Development - James Shore https://www.jamesshore.com/v2/books/aoad1
- Distributed Teams by John O’Duinn: https://oduinn.com/book/
- Remote: Office Not Required: https://basecamp.com/books/remote
-Agile Meets Design Thinking Coursera University of VA online courses. Can audit for free.
Agile Development Specialization https://www.coursera.org/specializations/agile-development
- Security in Color blog & podcast https://ryanripley.com/agile-for-humans/
- Agile for Humans podcast https://ryanripley.com/agile-for-humans/
- Strengths Finder: https://www.gallup.com/cliftonstrengths
- Edutopia.org - Articles, videos, book lists, and other resources for helping students in these unprecedented times.
- Time zone converter with option to include UTC: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
Groups working on civil rights issues with technology solutions
- Mozilla SpringLab 2020 missions https://www.youtube.com/watchv=L2QjjvEFSS4&feature=youtu.be
- Dolores Huerta Foundation https://doloreshuerta.org/category/dolores-huerta-in-action/
- More Than Code: https://morethancode.cc/orglist/
#agiledevelopment #scrummaster #remoteteams #developerexperience